Search My Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Frustrated

I apologize if this is too much of a rant or offends someone but I gotta get it out!  

Sometimes being a mommy is so frustrating and it feels like no one gets it.  This morning is case in point...

Liam woke up at 5AM...an hour early.  But he was calm and just talking to himself so I left him alone and he fell back to sleep eventually.  I got him up a little later since he was up early and nursed him right away...instead of our usual lotion and new clothes routine.  He was not interested in nursing at all.  He did for two min and then just wanted to talk and play.  Anyone who is nursing or has nursed knows that very full feeling in the morning so I was kind of desperate for him to nurse.  But nope...

Now I know my son is not going to be hurt by missing a meal but I still worry about his hydration.  He needs my milk for that.  There is just this overwhelming sense of urgency to make sure your child eats as a mom.  When they don't you kind of freak out.  He's on solids now yes but milk is still his main source of nutrition.  Or should be:/. 

I'm mad at myself for getting frustrated with Liam cause it's not his fault he's not hungry:/. I had to have hubby take him for a few minutes.  

At 7:30AM I got him to nurse for about 5 min.  But that's it!  I didn't want to pump cause my milk is already out of control so I hand expressed as much as I could to take some pressure off.  I have him his oatmeal and pears at 8:15AM and he ate about half of it.  Now he's down for his normal nap.  I hope he wants to nurse later:/

I just feel like no one gets my frustration.  Telling me not to worry does not help...my boobs are hurting hello?!?!   Lucky I'm off today...but we can't play this game tomorrow morning!  

Hubby was very supportive and tried to help.  He tries to understand.  He's great:)

Ok rant ended...

Have a good day mommies!!

Xoxo,
Molly 

No comments:

Post a Comment