Search My Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Half Marathon this May!

So I may be crazy but...I have decided to run a Half Marathon May 10th, 2014!!  
Maybe it was my crazy 7 month post postpartum hormones that said do it, either way, I paid so I am committed!  
I have about 14 weeks left to train and can already run 4 miles at a 10:29 pace...which is decent for now.
The trick will be getting my weekly runs in during the week with Liam in toe!  Now that we have moved his nursing time back to about 4:30PM I am hoping I can get a quick run in when I get home with him.  This means running with FULL boobs though...which if you have done it, you know what I am talking about.  Time to double up on the sports bras again...
I can get my long runs in on the weekend when hubby is home!
Hubby really scored some points this weekend when he offered to watch my friend's two kiddos while she and I went for a run (she is also training for a 10 mile mud run in May).  Her kids are 4 and 2.  Liam was napping so that helped but he still scored big points:)

So feel free to send encouraging words, tips and advice!
Also...meet me at the finish line with a cookie please:)

Here we go!!

My family of three!!

No comments:

Post a Comment