Search My Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

*~* Halloween 2015 *~*




Marshall from Nick Jr's Paw Patrol

First and foremost I am so glad Levi stayed put so that we could enjoy Liam's first real time Trick or Treating.  This was the first year Liam walked the whole time and was able to say Trick or Treat and Thank you at every door!  Granted he wanted me to go with him to every door and wanted to be picked up at the first few...but for the most part he did it all on his own.  I was so proud of him!  We joined some of our friends in their neighborhood and boy does their neighborhood do Halloween up big!!!  There were tons of people and Liam did a great job listening and holding my hand the whole time (this is something that rarely happens as he always wants to run off on his own).  We walked around for close to 45 minutes and he was a trooper.  At the end of that 45 minutes though he said he was ready to go home so, we gladly took the little guy home, as we were already well past normal bedtime.  He didn't get much candy - much to my hubby and my dismay - but it was the whole experience that made it so much fun.  We let him have one Kit Kat when we got home, and of course had to watch one more Paw Patrol episode before bath.  Now he knows the joys of a Kit Kat (despite his milk sensitivity/allergy).

I am so proud of my second DIY Halloween Family Costumes too!  I worked on them for a few weekends in a row and they were actually really easy to do.  I want to do matching family costumes as long as the kiddos will allow.  J is always such a trooper and good sport too with them.  He looked adorable as Rubble last night:)

To Make the costumes all you need is:
Felt
Foam board
Glitter puff paint
Foam Glue
Super Glue
Fabric Glue
Velcro
T-shirts
Hard Hat (hubby had one from work)
Child's fire hat
Pink Beanie
Aviator googles (Amazon)

The T-shirts were the easiest...I wrote our names on the front and used the foam board to make the paw print shields for the back.  I used foam glue and fabric glue to attach the paw prints shields to the back of the shirts.

Our pup tags (collars) were easy too!  Just felt and foam board!  I used velcro to fasten them together at the ends for easy on and off.  Super glue was my best friend with these cause I knew Liam would not be easy on them.  They held up really well!  Liam has been wearing his all day - the day after Halloween.

Hats just needed some felt ears super glued on and foam board paw prints once again.  Super glue held everything on but Liam's ears fell off of his hat after I made them.  So I ended up using velcro to attach them to his hat.  All I did for my ears and my husband's ears were to cut felt and super glue them to our hats.  Stayed no problem!

Liam's Dalmatian shirt was just a fabric marker and a little sharpie to make it darker...super easy!

Being the typical 2 year old he is...Liam did not want to put on his costume at first.  Threw a fit.  But once we told him he could not go trick or treating without wearing it he reluctantly put it on.  Once it was on....he didn't take it off!  He was having a grand ol' time as Marshall!

We had a great time this year!
Looking forward to next year and 2 cute little boys to dress up!!!

Skye and Marshall ready for action!

Rubble and Marshall ready for action!

Ready to go Trick or Treat!!

37 weeks and 2 days pregnant but you would never know from behind!!!


Now on to the Christmas Season!!!!

xoxo,
Molly




No comments:

Post a Comment